Saturday, July 09, 2005

Explosions of all sorts

I'm listening to: The Magic Numbers- Forever Lost



Well I've been in Charlotte all week.. that's been interesting to say the least. Very easy work but god it gets boring sitting around like that for 10 hours a day. It's not so much that we didn't have anything to do but you just don't want 10 people assigned to a 3 person job.

I thought we'd have time to go out or something durring the evening but that fell through. Just as well though, by the end of the day I was dead tired and it didn't help that Lesley, the girl I was roomed with, stayed up every night till about 1 watching BET's music videos full blast. Ugh. Pain in the rear she was. I don't know what her problem was but she was acting like she was my mother the entire time we were there. Dogging me about where I was going and what not.

Let's just say it was a long week and I'm glad to be back. lol

Yesterday scared me though, what with the London bombings and all. I heard about it while I was at work from one of the girls and she blew it a bit out of proportion. So I went off worrying about it for the next couple of hours till my dinner break then I went and bought a phone card and called up Fry to make sure he was alright.

He said he didn't go anywhere that day so he was okay, that much I figured though of course the possibility was there in the back of my mind all day anyway. But what I was more realistically worried about was his brother Pete who lives there in Central London. Turns out though that neither he nor his girlfriend were anywhere near the explosions so everything turned out alright in that respect. But god, you really just don't want to see something like that on the news knowning people you know live there, and even worse not having really talked to them for the past few days.

But things are alright and I'm back home and I've got to make it an early day tomorrow so that I can talk to Bunny and get ready to see War of the Worlds! Whoot! Thus... sleep is needed.

Gute Nacht!

Ashley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home