Saturday, June 24, 2006

Erm.. I'M NOT DEAD.

I'm listening to: The Pussycat Dolls- Don't Cha

Just so everyone knows! I'm having a really good time now, after that miniture breakdown of mine on the first day here anyway. By being my sociable self I've managed to find about 10 friends/ acquaintences to hang around with, all really cool people.

So let's see... I suppose I'll give a rundown of what I've been up to the past few days. Day 1 I woke up to this old married couple on the plane arguing, ate my breakfast, and then graceously was allowed off the plane, took a train from Gatwick to Victoria and looked around for Fry and Scott. It's funny I thought I'd have a harder time spotting them but they stuck out pretty well. We had a nice easy day after that, which was much needed by this jet lagged American. Went to Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace and just generally walked around till I could check into my hostel which is like.. Right next to Kings Cross, where there IS a platform 9 3/4! Such a photo op. ^_-

Day 2 Got up early had breakfast, met up with this girl named Sarah who goes to UCLA, went with her to find her hotel, met up with Fry at Picadilly, bought an England football shirt, ate lunch at this great little pizza place, hung around Covent Garden with Fry looking at the varrious shops. One of which, David and Goliath, looked like something I would come up with, lots of sushi related things ect. There was also this little market called Jublie that had tons of stalls around with cheap hippy style skirts and such. Pretty much all for that day.

Day 3 Asked around to see if anyone wanted to go out in the evening... found about 10 girls who's responce to that was "hellz yes!" Went out that morning and did some touristy things Westminster Abby, Parliment, Big Ben all that kind of thing. Then went to wonder around looking for something to wear only the shops around here apparently close at 6... so I ended up with a mix of borrowed clothes and my own stuff in the end. Some guys ended up following us out of the hostel when they found out we were going though the group got so big that none of us could decide where to go. Half of us went to Piccadilly and half to Covent I think... I couldn't honestly tell you where my group went. It was me, Alex (this Canadian girl), some Israli girl who's name I can't remember, a girl from Pennslyvania, Catherine (don't remember where she's from though she speaks french), and very randomly Matt from Cali.

So we went to this nice bar, didn't catch the name of it, and hung out drank a few and Israel, Pennsylvania and I stupidly danced in the middle of it all till these Northern Welsh guys we were chatting with sugested a club up the road. Went there, drank a few more shots and danced till pretty late. My only complaint were some really roudy Brazillians there who kept grabbing at me and Israel. They got out of hand with me for a moment there but thankfully Phillip, one of the Welsh guys, noticed and came over to help me out. Really nice guys they were, probably won't see them again, though Alex hit it off with the one really well so we might hang out with them again.

Day 4- Went to Barnet to meet up with Fry and some of his friends at a pub up there. I got to meet Callum and Clair who were both really nice. Hopefully I didn't make any weird kind of impression. But anyway today we're supposed to pick up Sohi at the airport and go to his house to hang out so I probably should get working on that.

Yup so I'll update every few days I suppose. It costs a quid an hour to get online so I'm slowly weaning myself from it. I've also got TONS of photos which I'll share when I get home and you'll all probably smile and nod and want to kill me by the end of it. But you're gonna smile anyway damn it! XD

Pringle!

Ashley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home